Information on registration
On the pre-registration form you can propose a paper, a session or pre-register as spectator/listener. In the guidelines you can find some more information on how to propose a paper or session. The deadline for proposals is April 15, 2022. In May and June the network chairs and organizer will evaluate the proposals and in July paper and session proposers will be informed about acceptance.
Full fee 200, one day attendance 100, student fee* 90
Regular in advance
Full fee 250, one day attendance 125, student fee* 110
Payment on location
Full fee 300, one day attendance 150 , student fee* 125
* When you register, please tick the student box if applicable. You will then receive an e-mail requesting you to send a copy of your student ID or other proof to the conference secretariat for verification.
The organization of the ESSHC has a limited number of travel grants available for participants from low-income regions. This grant consists of financial support of Euro 250 and/or a waiver of the conference fee.
- Candidates must be affiliated to an institution conducting research in the subjects covered by the ESSHC
- The applicant must submit a paper proposal with abstract within the scope of the ESSHC 2023 and his/her proposal must be accepted for presentation
- Applications must be received by the ESSHC secretariat by October 1, 2022
- The applicant should submit the following 5 documents:
1. A letter with formal request
2. A letter of recommendation from the head of the applicant's department or his or her thesis supervisor on the institute's stationary
3. A readable photocopy of applicant's identity card or passport
4. A brief curriculum vitae of the applicant (max 1 page)
5. An estimate of the budget covering travel and accommodation (not including the conference fee)
- Travel grants will be awarded on a competitive basis by the conference organization
- Notification of travel grants will be sent to awardees no later than November 15, 2022.
Send application to: ESSHC secretariat, PO Box 2169, 1000 CD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cancel your registration before 1 February 2023 and have already paid the conference fee, we will refund the fee minus Euro 20 for administration costs. If you cancel your registration after 1 February 2023 there will be no refund.
On the registration form you can also:
- Register as an "English coach". As (near) native speaker you can volunteer to act as coach for participants in need of help with the translation of their presentation.
- Register as a volunteer as chair and / or discussant for selected networks.
Paper and session proposers will receive notice of acceptance in July 2022. We will send information on the final registration, payment, and accommodation in the fall of 2022. These e-mails and other information about your registration can also be found on your personal page.
On the website you can log on to your personal page. After the pre-registration you will receive a log-in and password. With these you can log on to your personal page. The personal page shows all registration information we have for you and a log of the e-mails we have sent to date.
The advantage is that you can always check what information we have sent you and when.
Sometimes our e-mail messages disappear in spam filters, but you can always retrieve the information in these mails through this personal page. You also need to log on with the password/log-in combination to upload your paper and for the final registration and payment (information on payment will follow in the fall of 2022). Please note that you cannot make changes to this page. If you want to change any information, please contact the conference secretariat.